lomofu (lomo風) from PCHome Online

I got an email introducing this feature of pchome.com.tw few months ago. I saved the link somewhere so I can share it later. However, I can’t find it, and I have to dig the email from 1K ++ emails in my Yahoo mailbox to look for it again! So, this website kept in my mind for quite sometimes.

And yes, finally I have time to do some clean up on my Yahoo mailbox and found the email. (Luckily I didn’t delete the email. :D)

I didn’t try to upload my photos to check it out, but I did try the default photo in this web application to check out the lomo effects.



Frankly, I still can’t tell what exactly lomography is, but I do have my own preferred definition. :P I read some articles online, some said digital lomo cameras are not the “real” lomography, they are “done” by software, not by the physical feature of the camera or lens. Some use software (the real software in your PC) to edit the pictures taken, to make it lomo-feel-like. Some didn’t explicitly spell out, but I think (at least this is my interpretation, my preferred definition) lomography means, just snap it, follow your instinct or feel or heart. That’s the lomography spirits. Those owned a lomo-camera might not agree with me, they might say only with a lomo-camera… Alas, whatever lar. :P

Let’s get back to topic. This web application provides 3 settings to be configured, the colour, the darken effects (at the corners), and a special effect, which I would say it’s like a orangey noise effect.

Check it out! 

http://photo.pchome.com.tw/PStylist.html

Comments