Seed Hunter

Into my boredom, I turn on TV1 when I got home after my dinner. Yeap, as usual, it’s just TV1 and TV2 program are “watchable”. Thank god TV1 broadcast this National Geographic 1 hour documentary show with the least and shortest commercial breaks at that time.

I am amazed by this Science exploration, with limited budget and under bad circumstances, Dr. Ken was persist in his hunting for wild chick pea, and of course to collect any varieties of wheat and barley along their expedition for the seed library/collection. The storyline was about this expedition and also the problems faced by the farmers in Australia and how the Scientists have helped to improve the plant genetic to overcome the problems.

In the show, Dr. Ken calls these seeds as green gold. They are the basic and most valuable “gold” to human. I just found the website to this documentary and would like to share it here.

http://www.seedhunter.com/









At the end of the show, I wish I am a genetic engineer, or a farmer. Or I wish I can think of idea to avoid the electronic industry not to design for the dump, but design to last. (OK, I guess I watched too much on the environmental related show recently.)

Comments