Create a site - Using Wordpress


I went for a volunteering work last weekend. I taught how to use Wordpress to the teachers in Sungai Petani. I thought the purpose of the course is to help the teachers how to create and maintain their school web site. Anyway, I only knew it’s for personal usage (personal blogging) when I got there. Well, that’s not the main point I’d like to talk about here. :P

I have experiences using Mambo, Wordpress, and now Blogspot for blogging purpose. I also used Mypaper @ Pchome.com.tw for blogging. I like the design in Mypaper, however, the pages load too slowly, not to mention now I am unable to get back my account after their upgrade… The other 3 are great, I would say.

Anyway, this post is to introduce the best solution to suit the needs for small company/enterprise website. My friend IM me on the same day I taught Wordpress. I was too moody and tired to explain to her. She wants to create a simple site an online flower shop.

I see a lot of friends doing this by setup a Blogspot site, and having posts to put their products information and pictures. It’s very convenient, and easy to use. One of my online friends who work in SEO (search engine optimization) would strongly recommend Blogspot for the searchability in Google, that’s what I believe. J

Anyway, I would strongly recommend using Wordpress for this purpose, if you would like to have a more professional look of the site. Wordpress support both post and page. My personal point of view, utilizing the page feature in Wordpress make it more organize, and more like a websites, rather than a blogging system.

Probably, you would wonder, what about Mambo? Well, to me, Mambo is more suitable for community or groups. I get to know about Mambo because I helped out another friend of mine, whose web developer quit half way modifying the system for a commercial use, I think. I didn’t help much. To me, it’s a favor for my friend, until she can get a replacement. Too many customizations, I can’t handle that. Later, I setup for my first official blog at my domain. I also re-post all my articles over the forums here. I think I am too long winded.

Here’s the conclusion. If you would like to setup a website easily, have a clean and neat look, and the site to look like a corporate like website rather than personal blog site, you are highly recommended to use Wordpress!


Comments