Sky Maps by Google


I come across this URL again on a local newspaper couple of days ago. I have faith in almost all of Google’s applications. (shh… I didn’t try all, but those I tried, I am very satisfied.)

If you click on the planets listed down there, it will bring you to the planet location in the sky. Each planet seems to have its own symbol. I didn’t know about that. I think this should be included in our school syllabus. We would be easily draw and identify the planets. It’s fun to learn about planets this way, personal opinion.

One funny thing happened was, I click on the Earth. I was expected it to bring me to the Earth in the sky. It pops up to the Google Maps instead. Hahahaha~~ I wonder if an alien is using this tool, what would he/she/it think. As a conclusion, I think this tool is not alien-friendly. :P

Anyway, I do wish there will be some enhancement on the zoom in. It stops at the last 5th zoom in scale. :-s

http://sky.google.com/

Comments