Country Codes for International Calling & Area Codes

Friends said that I have travelled to a lot of places. Frankly, my journey started only last year, to AU/NZ. My friend, ET, was in NZ in holiday making visa. She gave me her phone number, and I would call her, occasionally, to keep in touch with her, or when I am in the right mood.

I only know the country code for Malaysia is 60, not sure about other country. So, I tried google to check it out. This is the page where Google landed me to, http://www.countrycodes.com.

You can select what is the country calling from, then select the country you would like to calling to. It will show you the number to call before the country code, followed by the country code. You can also select the city, which will give you the area code of the city. Normally you’ll dial a plus sign (+), followed by the country code, then area code, lastly the phone number, if you are using cell phone. I am not sure if line phone does give you the plus sign (+) key on the key pad.

I guess this page won’t be used very frequent, it’s rather expensive to make international call. Anyway, if you need to travel, probably this would be quite handy. :)

Comments

ChampDog said…
This site is definitely useful! Thanks for the sharing. The plus sign usually can be replaced by "00".